Protect and repair zips on outdoor clothing and equipment
Protect zips which endure extreme conditions with Zip slip, a liquid lubricant with in built brush applicator. Use our zip repair product on all kinds of heavy duty outdoor clothing and equipment. Zip slip will help you avoid the hassle of replacing stuck zips, and whole items in worst case scenarios. Zip slip will help you in the following ways:
- Unstick stuck zips
- Prevent zips sticking
- Relieve zip stiffness
- Protect your zips from doing all of the above
Traditionally, zips have been maintained and lubricated with beeswax sticks. Whilst we can supply beeswax sticks, Zip slip has been designed for easy zip repair work, with the advantage of being easy to apply to all component parts of a zip.
Use for all kinds of zip repairs
This is a versatile zip repair product that can be used on all zips exposed to wind, water or other harsh elements like sea salt. It is great for zips on work, outdoor and recreational clothing and equipment.
- Dry suits, wet suits and surf suits
- Yachting and boating clothing
- Sailing bags and equipment
- Inland waterway boats and equipment
- Boat canopies and equipment
- Fishermen's wear and equipment
- Motor cycle leathers
- Flying suits
- Tents and outdoor equipment
- Caravan awnings
The story of zip slip
Zip slip was developed at the request of a customer who experimented with using the furniture polish as a zip repair lubricant but found the turpentine damaged the rubber of his wet suit. So to satisfy the needs of customers maintaining a broad range of zips on an equally large range of fabrics, Zip slip uses paraffin wax and white spirit as its two main ingredients.
How it's made
Ingredients are white spirit and paraffin wax. Paraffin wax is dissolved in a tank of white spirit and bottled hot.
- 50ml bottles: Available in single bottle blister packs or boxes of 36
Directions for use
Care should be taken on zips in fabric material as it may stain surrounding fabric
- Apply every two to three months, or as needed.
- Hold the bottle in your hand for a few minutes, so you can use it at body temperature
- Gently shake the bottle
- Apply the easy flowing gel using the built in applicator
- Apply to both sides and all working components of the zip
- Leave to soak in and dry